Busyman - Custom towels manufacturer, bulk towels wholesale

ShIP to

NEWS

Home  > NEWS  > 

Attention! The Ships Were Diverted When The Suez Canal Was Officially Open To Traffic! Attached List

Attention! The Ships Were Diverted When The Suez Canal Was Officially Open To Traffic! Attached List

2021-04-10

Egypt's Suez Canal Authority said on March 29, 2021 that the large cargo ship "Changci", which had been stranded for six days, had been completely freed, and the canal was open to traffic after several days of congestion.


The Suez Canal Authority gave priority to cattle ships that were running low on supplies. If they are not released soon, there could be incalculable damage to the thousands of cattle and sheep on board.


The entire Suez Canal is thought to be carrying as many as 113 cattle boats that have been blocked. These ships have been given priority by the Authority to pass through the Suez Canal in a north-south direction.


_20210408133925


According to the New York Times, the first ship to be allowed to cross the Suez Canal after it was opened to traffic was the YM Wish, a cargo ship flying the regional flag of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China.


Forty-three cargo ships have sailed through the Great Bitter Lake, which lies between the northern and southern waters of the Suez Canal. After six days in the river, the ships were finally out of jam mode. In addition, about 113 ships are scheduled to pass through the Suez Canal by the 30th.


Ships continue to wait through the Suez Canal to avoid a blockage, and a number of ships are preparing to sail around the Cape of Good Hope.


Maersk said yesterday (29 March) :


Having received the good news that the vessel has been refloated and is on its way to the anchorage of the Great Bough and that the canal is expected to open in the next 12-24 hours, we decided to allow the two re-routed vessels to continue on their original route through the Suez Canal.


Maersk released an update on the ship's detour:


_20210408134035


Meanwhile, MSC, Maersk's 2M partner in the Mediterranean shipping line, said the Suez incident would affect its operations.


The company said it had diverted some ships to the Cape of Good Hope to keep cargo flowing on other routes:


_20210408134113


In the meantime, the following MSC vessels will return:


India-Med service: MSC Stella, voyage MI109R, will be unloaded at King Abdullah Port on the Red Sea coast of Saudi Arabia, south of the Suez Canal, before returning to India.


Indusa service: Seax Darien, Voyage IV108R, will be unloaded at Mediterranean port pending further orders.


"The services of all major container shipping companies have been affected by this incident, which has temporarily paralyzed one of the most important arteries in global trade," commented MSC.


In addition, CMA CGM mentioned that it was closely monitoring the situation with local teams and the Suez Canal authorities, and announced that to mitigate the impact of the accident, it had decided to divert several vessels around the Cape of Good Hope.


_20210408134158


In addition, COSCO Group's Orient Overseas Container Lines (OOCL) has decided to divert the following vessels to the Cape of Good Hope to minimize supply chain disruptions.


_20210408134300


In addition, Herberot also announced the shipping routes for the Alliance's service rotation, which includes containers for its customers:


_20210408134615


Chat Online 编辑模式下无法使用
Chat Online inputting...